Carol Liang, Media Lab Intern, Boston College 2015
Right now, if you work for a nonprofit, you are probably getting ready for your end-of-year fundraising campaigns. Many underestimate how much the design of donation pages on your website can actually aid with fundraising. The article, “Making Online Giving a Breeze”, on Ann Green’s Nonprofit Blog, looks at ways to improve your donation page in order to attract more donors and bring in more donations. Here are a few valuable suggestions:
- Include engaging visuals. Photos always attract more attention than words.
- Nowadays, it is essential to make it easily accessible on a mobile phone.
- Create a memorable thank you experience to make yourself stand out. Make your donors feel special.
- Keep testing — you don’t want anyone having issues. The process should be simple and stress free.
- Provide an option to make the donation monthly to get recurring donors.
- Most importantly, make it easy!
In short, keep it simple, readily accessible, and visually attractive. Using a simplistic, yet attractive design is vital. Here are 3 nonprofit donation pages that can be used for inspiration:
Want more tips? Check out these two articles: